As a Basketball Victoria affiliated association, we are closely following the Basketball Victoria return to sport guidelines. At our biggest program, our Saturday Junior Domestic Basketball competition will have both Session Supervisors and a Biosafety Officer (BSO) at our RecWest and Whitten Oval venues, with their primary role is to ensure people are displaying COVID safe behaviours (social distancing), equipment and seating is cleaned regularly, and supporting our venue operators where they can (eg assisting moving teams in and out of the venue).
Its important to also note, that our venue operators in YMCA (RecWest), and VU (Whitten Oval and Footscray park) have their own protocols which are outlined below
Venue Guidelines as of 3.3.21
At RecWest and At VU Whitten Oval and Footscray Park
· Patrons are required to carry a mask with them whilst onsite, and expected to wear it when social distancing measures cannot be maintained.
General Venue Guidelines at all venues
· Limit the number of spectators to 1 per player and encourage car pooling of players.
· Try to pay in bulk to reduce the number of payments being required.
· Arrive no earlier than 15mins before your game
· Bring your own water bottles and don't forget to collect it when you depart as any water bottles left at the venue will be disposed of.
We also ask that you are kind to venue operators, Biosafety Officers, Session Supervisors, Westgate referees and other volunteers who have been working hard to get your kids back on the courts.